Saturday, February 28, 2009

Pasta Palooza, Unity Church, Dallas, TX

This annual event for $20 as a fund raiser for Singing Unity Choir, is the best deal in town for fine food, and singing wait staff, all volunteers of the Choir - for sure; All on Forest Lane.

Neil's meat sauce as one of 3 choices for the pasta toppings, is not to be missed, unless of course you are vegetarian, as Neil is the Choir director.

If you are vegetarian you have two choices: Susan's pasta premavera with Alfredo sauce, or Marianne's marinara. You will be in heaven after any of these 3.

The Cesar salad however I rate in the top 3 in this city. The others are professionally prepared and so close in my 5 star salad rating I could not distinguish one from the other as to which is better. This one is the best - I like the black olives and grape tomatoes added in - this on e I would give 5 Star if served on china.

the cake for desert was a white cake with a lemon cheese cake like filling 1/2 inch wide of the filling no less !... I am impressed, and stuffed.

Since Susan make the veggie premavera I am a bit biased. I just like meat sauce better than Alfredo. (Did you know that pasta premavera originated in NYC in the mid 1970's?)

We heard from country favorites, the King himself made an appearance, with a live band, Opera arias, pop favorites, show tunes, barbershop quartet, even live musical stage pieces acted in front of us.

I tell you - as this event is sold out, if you can get tickets for next years - buy them them NOW !
You can't get a better deal in all of Texas - and that's a big deal..

2 Very Happy Dragons 5 Star...

No comments:

Post a Comment